Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Heel de France

The BBC reports on the film festival with a foot fetish;
[Film producer Valerie] Richter told the BBC she "couldn't keep her balance" in heels, after having her big toe and part of her left foot amputated.
She was stopped four times on her way into the premiere of Gus Van Sant's Sea of Trees on Saturday.
"They pointed their finger at my shoe and then were waving their fingers at me," she said. "It was quite obvious it was my shoes that was an issue."
Though she eventually managed to shame the gendarmes de pieds into allowing her to enter, she said, "many of my colleagues who can't wear heels were rejected and did not come in."

Then there was the actress who lived up to her name;
British star Emily Blunt, whose latest film Sicario debuted in Cannes on Tuesday, called the alleged ban on flat shoes "very disappointing".
"Everyone should wear flats to be honest," she said.
"We shouldn't be wearing high heels anyway. That's my point of view. I just prefer wearing Converse sneakers."
Chuck Taylor All Stars?

No comments:

Post a Comment