Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh, for the good ol' Middle Ages

All that's missing is the oxen pulled carts, at the Berlin Food Xchange;
On a recent Wednesday night at Charlottenburg's Cooks Connection, I'm surrounded by jars of pickles, spicy kimchi, and silky lemon curd. Pretty packages of cookies and candies sit on the tables. Everything looks delicious. As my stomach rumbles in anticipation, I'm eager to pick out a purchase. But I won't be taking any of these items home, because this is a food exchange, and I don't have anything to trade.
Food trading hits Berlin
Welcome to foodXchange Berlin, a monthly meeting of local food preservation enthusiasts and resourceful cooks interested in swapping their wares rather than exchanging money for them.
Because money is the evil of all roots?

No comments:

Post a Comment