Thursday, June 25, 2015

The last time I fled Paris

I dodged the same old taxicabs that I had dodged for years.
The chorus of their squeaky horns was music to my ears.

The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay,
No matter how they change her, I'll remember her that way.

Maybe Jerry Kern and Oscar Hammerstein did, but Courtney Love seems to have a different impression;
Travellers going to and from the airport walked alongside roads with their bags or got caught in ambushes, like singer Courtney Love, who was rescued by two men on a motorcycle.

Love tweeted: "they've ambushed our car and are holding our driver hostage.
"They're beating the cars with metal bats. this is France?? I'm safer in Baghdad."
At least the distressed damsel was rescued by two galantes. Not everyone was so lucky;
Taxi drivers complain that livery services like Uber unfairly undercut them and in recent weeks nearly 100 Uber drivers have been attacked, sometimes while carrying customers. One irritated taxi passenger was left with a broken face and black eye after he praised Uber.
C'est la vie. Or la guerre.

No comments:

Post a Comment