Thursday, March 26, 2015

Shouldn't he be TEACHING at the B school?

Xavier's Sweet Sixteen team's center is Matt Stainbrook. He's 6' 10", drives for Uber, and is working on his MBA;
"My little brother's a walk-on on the team, and he's doing undergrad classes right now while I'm doing my grad school in my fifth year. Grad school costs about $14,000 a year while undergrad costs about $43,000 a year. So, for me to be on scholarship and only using it for $14,000 didn't make sense to me. So, I talked to the compliance people, and they said I'd be able to switch my scholarship with my little brother, so I ended up doing that.
"And in order to pay my bills, I needed a flexible job, something to do to make some money, and I saw someone Uber-ing one day, and I said, 'Hey, you know, that's probably something I can do. I have a car, I can drive.'"
And he could explain Uber's surge pricing to his customers, we're willing to bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment