Monday, August 6, 2012

Crushed the girls and made them cry

The bikinied boppers put the hurt on Italy;
It happened on the changeover after the first set of a quarterfinals match in which [Misty] May-Treanor and [Kerri] Walsh Jennings beat the Italian team of Greta Cicolari and Marta Menegatti in straight sets at Horse Guards Parade. Menegatti went to her seat on the sideline and began to weep, which is unusual in competition.
....After the match, Menegatti admitted that her emotions had frayed. She said she was sad. She said she wanted the match so much she became flustered. Worse, she added, was the fact she was playing against May-Treanor, who she says is her idol.
"I want to be like her," Menegatti said. "She is my hero and has been since I was young." 
Then she'll have to learn there's no crying in volleyball, as Kerri put it;
"We want to crush everybody," she said.
Then she smiled.
"It's whoever makes the other team more uncomfortable is the one that wins," she later said. "I don't want to let my opponents free, I don't want to give them an inch. And so I think you need to have that cutthroat mentality. Not mean. Not I want to hurt you or devastate you but I respectfully want to beat you."

No comments:

Post a Comment