Friday, November 8, 2013

Depends on the meaning of 'you'

"I am sorry that they...are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," Mr. Obama told NBC News in an interview. "We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and that we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."
The president's comments marked a departure from his previous defense of the law and his oft-repeated vow that "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."
Though not enough of a departure to get to, 'If I hadn't lied to the American people as often as I did, I wouldn't have gotten the 60 votes I needed in the Senate. And since I know better than they do what's good for them, I lied in a good cause.'

1 comment:

  1. "...we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."

    Does that mean the people that passed this monstrosity are going to "deal" by paying for the fu from their own pocket, or is there some innocent taxpayer involved in the "dealing?"

    ReplyDelete