Thursday, June 11, 2015

Don't quit your day jobs, girls

That's not funny!
Speaking at the World Conference of Science Journalists in South Korea, Sir Tim Hunt reportedly said: "Let me tell you about my trouble with girls. Three things happen when they are in the lab: You  fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them they cry."
There's no crying in science.
The 72-year-old biochemist has since resigned his post as an honorary professor with University College London. He also apologized for his remarks, telling the BBC that it was a “very stupid thing” to say in front of journalists, but that “I did mean the part about having trouble with girls."
Most of whom should stay home on open-mike night at the stand-up clubs, if these responses are typical;
I will not say I haven't cried for my thesis but the worst thing is being so when I code... 
or,
Filter mask protects me from hazardous chemicals and muffles my woman cries. Double win!  
and,
in the field. The headtorch is waterproof to avoid any tear-related malfunctions 

No comments:

Post a Comment