Sunday, May 10, 2015

'...is the Pope a Communist?'

Raul Castro, speaking of old jokes;
After leaving the Vatican, Castro, the brother of Fidel, the revolutionary leader who brought the Communists to power in Cuba, gushed with praise for Francis.
The pontiff "is a Jesuit, and I, in some way, am too," Castro said at a news conference. "I always studied at Jesuit schools."
And Stalin was educated by priests in a seminary in Georgia.
"When the pope goes to Cuba in September, I promise to go to all his Masses, and with satisfaction," Castro said at a news conference at the office of Italian Premier Matteo Renzi, whom he met with after the Vatican talks.
"I read all the speeches of the pope, his commentaries, and if the pope continues this way, I will go back to praying and go back to the church, and I'm not joking," he said.
No, he's enlisting the pontiff in his campaign to get the U.S. embargo of his island prison lifted. The enemy of his enemies is his friend...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment